Dental extractions are needed in a few different situations. Here are some of them.
Adult Tooth Extractions
Tooth extractions for adults may be necessary in the following situations:
- Cavity that is too big to save,
- Cavity or infection that could be treated with a root canal but you do not wish to get a root canal.
Pulling Baby Teeth
Baby teeth can also sometimes need extractions. The most common causes for baby teeth extractions are:
- Cavity that hurts on a tooth that is going to fall out soon. We want to get your child comfortable by taking care of the cavity, but if the tooth is almost ready to come out anyways, it may be better to remove it instead of to fill it.
- Cavity that is too big to be treated with a baby root canal.
- The baby tooth is blocking the permanent tooth from coming out in the proper position.
Your Comfort is Our Priority
Regardless of which tooth needs to be pulled or why, we make sure that if you need an extraction, it is done comfortably while you are profoundly numb. You will be given medication to make sure you are comfortable afterwards, post op instructions so you know how to take care of the area, and the doctor is always available after hours to take your calls about any concerns you have in the evening.